Wonder of the Seas is not just a cruise ship, it’s a floating wonderland for teens. Whether your teen is into sports, games with friends, music, or movies, there is plenty for teens to do onboard. This article will cover the best activities for teens onboard Wonder of the Seas.
Wonder of the Seas is one of six Oasis class ships from Royal Caribbean. I like to call it a floating wonderland! The other ships in this class are Harmony , Allure, Symphony, Oasis, and Utopia of the Seas (coming summer 2024)
The Oasis class ships making an amazing cruise experience for all ages in my opinion (and one of the most popular for multigenerational cruises). The Oasis class is especially fantastic for teens.
What is there to do onboard for teens? There is a lot, but here are the top 5 best activities for teens onboard.
1. Teen only areas (ages 13-17): Fair warning – your kids might love it so much here they might never want to leave! onboard wonder of the seas – This is the amazing kids club. There are two places for teens to hang out. Social 100 on Deck 16. The room has the perfect design for teens. They will spend hours here hanging with other teens, playing video games, starting scavenger hunts, hosting sports tournaments, and more. It is pretty great! Outside on Deck 17 there is a teen only deck Social 100 Patio which is complete with their own bar for mocktails, lawn games, their own hot tub and more!
2. Laser tag Laser tag is played in Studio B. Yes, Studio B is also home to Seasons 365, the ice skating show. When it is not used for show practice or open skate, it can be converted into laser tag. I highly suggest signing up your family ahead of time. However, if you forget there is usually a stand by line you can get in.
3. All. The. Food. While food may not be considered a true activity by some, your teen will never, and I mean never go hungry. Your kids can eat with you at a specialty restaurant or in the main dining room for their 1st dinner. If they work up an appetite playing with all their new friends, they can go for a second dinner or snack or dessert in the Windjammer. (There are lots of other places to eat onboard but for a second meal – it is a great place to go)
4. Zip line – Zip lining is fun for teens. But zip lining on a cruise ship take it to the next level. The zip line is right by all the other sports activities so once they zip line a few times they can ride the Ultimate Abyss, try their hand at minigolf, ride the flowrider, play pickleball (or basketball or whatever is going on at the sports court) or go back to hanging out at Social 100.
5. Effectors II – Really this could be all entertainment because the entertainment is onboard. If you are only going to see one show with teens it should be Effectors II. Yes, you can watch this show without having seen the first Effectors. The coolest part – seeing all the drones!
FYI: Teens have their own Cruise Compass called The Social Feed. Make sure your teen checks it out in the Royal Caribbean app.
Wonder of the Seas has so much to do for teens. This ship caters to their desire for excitement, entertainment, and pure fun. As a family you can do so much together (that will be in another post) and also have plenty of time for your teen to spend time with their newfound friends around the world. The top 5 doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of things to do.
Interested in learning more?
- Lindsey Markwood
Your Family Travel Curator